View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 1, 2013, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
I'm still wondering why the Angels Flight station house got truncated in the 20's, why the six-bay 1910 version wasn't restored when the railway was relocated and also when the unfortunate, bulky porch was added. The arches of the open pavilion end of the 1910 version were picked out in lights to match the gate at the lower terminus. Jim Dawson never brings the subject up in his book on Angels Flight. (And if anyone has a better pic of the 1910 version, I'd love to see it.)
The best I could come up with was a CA Historical Society/USC photo that has certainly been posted before. The station is a very small portion of the original photo however, so I pulled down the full resolution image, cropped it down to the station only, and messed with the shading a hair so perhaps it's a little bit easier to see. With their new system of breaking up the pictures into pieces this was a gigantic pain, which required downloading 15 separate images and putting them back together again.

Here it is at half size; click the image for the full-resolution pic:

USC Digital Library

Here is the same picture, in full size but without the shading changed.

I would really love to see a good, head-on photo of it from the Olive Street side, but I couldn't find one.

Happy New Year, everyone!