View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
Frustrating to watch more stutters with the River District now you have nimbys wanting to bog it down into legal issues. Always baffles me why people who complain about losing parking and traffic move to urban areas in the first place. Its brown fields and surface lots for pete sake.

I also have always wondered why UNO has never really shown an interest in a Downtown campus, especially given its had falling enrolment recently. I get its largely a commuter school but the whole selling point of studying otherwise in New Orleans should be the proximity to unique neighborhoods and lifestyle not marooned out on the a quiet part of the Lakefront.
I'd argue that people move to urban areas to avoid things like Top Golf and a sea of parking garages. Still pushing for River District to happen, but like you said - it's a sea of brownfields and surface lots, the developers could easily move the Top Golf to literally any other location on the site and end this argument. Not sure why they are so intent on being right up against buildings with thousands of residents.

UNO is a public school, so the chance of the state coming up with money to expand it in an entirely new neighborhood is nil. However, their master plan for the existing campus seems to be moving forward.