View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Boston
-Cambridge, Brookline, and other "suburbs" should probably be incorporated into the city proper.
I agree with this, but you've got snobs in Cambridge who say things like "I've never even been to Boston!". I don't think they'll ever let go of their designated city status.

Quote:
-Downtown seemed a little underwhelming.
It's one of the most handsome and walkable downtowns in the united states with great connectivity with the harbor. What underwhelmed you?

Quote:
New York City
-Not as pedestrian-friendly as people say it is.
Honestly curious about this, what part was less walkable than you expected? New York doesn't have a neighborhood like Beacon Hill or the North End so it lacks in European-esque pedestrian streets (which is part of why I think Boston is better than New York) but objectively it's the most walkable city in the country by sheer size.

Quote:
Baltimore
-Outside of rowhomes, I just don't see all of the similarities to Philly that people say exist.
-There is no possible way to justify the riots of 2015. That behavior is inexcusable.
They're both old, great colonial cities with very similar urban fabrics and similar troubles and history. I wouldn't hold Baltimore's riots against the city, it's not really up to you to deem the riots justifiable or not.