View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 7:49 AM
Honored Member

Thumbs up Gem Airlines I.F. - Boise starting 2 days/week.

Our never ending problem of having an airline connect Idaho's two largest airports (Boise and Idaho Falls) has a new participant enter.

While not the permanent solution, Gem Airlines who is a charter company in Salmon, is going to start flying between Idaho Falls and Boise twice daily only on Wed. and Thursdays. However, based on demand, more days may be added. This starts 10/01/2014.

Two interesting parts to me about this announcement. The IFRA knows passengers will not fly if it costs > $150 one way. Driving is cheaper.

These are charter planes and will use FBO Aero Mark instead of the terminal. They will seat 9 people.

2. Given how the information was released, I know there are ongoing discussions with other airlines with larger planes to agree to this logical east-west connection in the state. But, I think some other things have to happen for one to commit.

So good for Gem Airlines for stepping up and trying to help. If anyone needs to fly, please patronize them if possible. I have zero financial connection, rather I see how not having that air service hurts the state, business and even leisure travel.