View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 7:28 PM

Thanks to E_R, Tetsu and GW for your great replies regarding the residences of George H Peck. I'm hoping that the well-trimmed hedges of the West Adams house mean that someone's looking after it. As for the house in San Pedro, I don't recall any other buildings having a first floor added (molested and vandalized modernized, yes, but not added). They normally gain or lose floors from the top. The nearest I can think of is the Alhambra and Alhambra Annex turning their basements into their first floors when Broadway was regraded (see post #13060 by ProphetM).

-----------------------------------

I was looking through the pictures on the tumblr blog recommended by JScott a few posts back when I spotted a night shot of a familiar motel. I originally posted a picture of the Yucca in post #16639, and since E_R has just posted a night shot of the Bevonshire, originally from the same post, I thought this would fit nicely. The neon seems to have replaced the nice painted scene on the end wall. I'm guessing this pictue is from the late '50s as that appears to be a '57 Ford in the center.

memoriastoica.tumblr.com

Here's a couple more daytime views. The cars in the lower picture look older than the top one, but I don't recognize them.

zilf on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

Ebay