View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 1:17 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The fact is that SF is the second whitest major U.S. city
That's not a fact, that is merely the opinion you feel should be accepted as fact, and which has you inventing personal definitions of common terms, cherry-picking which minorities count and which don't, and contorting yourself around all kinds of inconvenient facts and apt metrics because they don't support the claim you feel should be true...

Quote:
and has the smallest black/hispanic share of any major U.S city.
...and here's a great example of your intellectual gymnastics. Hey, if only we use a personal definition for 'major US city' and arbitrarily exclude the one minority group that just happens to be San Francisco's largest and most notable, then we can make SF seem super white just like I feel it should be!

In a nation with many populous cities that are majority white, San Francisco is only 41.9% non-Hispanic white--which puts the city far down the ranks when we look at the 'whitest' of the most populous US municipalities. Cherry-picking which combinations of minorities count and which groups don't count at all, inventing personal definitions of things like "major US city" to conveniently exclude places like Seattle, and dismissing or ignoring more apt comparisons and metrics in service to a preordained result is an example of the very weakest line of argumentation possible.

Crawford, you are the whitest major city in America. By "whitest" I mean whatever you are, by "major city in America" I mean whatever you are, and by "Crawford" I mean whoever you are. See? I'm proven right!