View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
While I can understand the frustration to some degree, I'd venture a guess that most Canadians living in the "little cities" as you call them, especially on SSP, have more experience with Toronto (and its nightlife, culture, etc.) than vice-versa.

So...
Sigh.. I thought you calmed yourself from these passive-aggressive comments, but you were probably on a short vacation.

Let me help your reasoning. When I go to Montreal (at least once or twice a year) I barely leave the old town/downtown area. Am I going to judge Montreal's nightlife based on my experience? No, because I'm going to laugh and say this is the shittiest nightlife in the country.

Similarly, Canadians visiting Toronto rarely venture out of the inner downtown core. There is barely anything to do there and I'll readily admit that. Toronto's nightlife is west of downtown these days. Queen West, Parkdale, Liberty Village (oddly enough) Ossington.. Though Chinatown has really cool Chinese-nightlife (all those restaurants seem to have clubs in their basement). Tourists wouldn't know that. It's the same when I go anywhere... Paris seemed quiet to me (I know this isn't true), and when I lived in Madrid, well the touristy areas were quiet, but the nightlife was the most intense I ever experienced and that is because I actually lived there.