View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 2:50 PM
of Canada

For her first year at least, Res is her accomodation. At least if 174 on the waitlist isn't a bad thing. They did say she has a gauranteed room.

No car for now. Hiking boots are a good suggestion since she is an outdoorsy sort of person. She may actually like to ultimate frisbee thing too.

I don't think she'll be able to sneek into a bar unless they really don't care to much there. She certainly looks like she'll get asked for ID. We were joking that she'll get on the plane in Calgary as an adult and get off in St. John's as a child. And won't be an adult again until after the end of second semester.

I did some rent checking online and 1 and 2 bedroom places seem to be on part with smaller town Alberta (like Lethbridge where my other daughter wants to go). For this year at least she'll be on the meal plan at Mun but I'm also curious what food costs there (grocery store rather than resaurant that is). Like what does 4 litres of milk cost ($5.09 here) or a dozen eggs...
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us? NOTHING!