View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2012, 1:48 AM
~Hook'em~

I think these would be wonderful for that area. It will not be replacing anything like the Pearl for example. And what has made that area so attractive is the culture of people who frequent it now are exactly the type these apartment towers would be perfect for. Our I should say, those that would live in these towers are exactly the sort that frequent Rainey. It would be good for the business there IMO.

I wonder how many units these are planned for? For how big they are that could be like 600-800 units. And with the $100m price tag they'll probably be much more affordable than what is currently available in the area, and through out downtown. That is perfect for Rainey! That would be a TON of more affordable housing downtown and boy does DT need that in a bad way. It has become crazy expensive.

The one big thing IMO the city should require them to put the parking entrance and exit on the I-35 frontage road, and NOT on Rainey. It should also require street level retail on Rainey and for the developers to build a sidewalk like what was done on S. Lamar.