View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeJonesBand View Post
By Robert Clazada ( http://www.statesman.com/business/re...s-2311367.html )

Hello all, my first time posting.

Will they be planning to demolish the bars on the east side of rainey? Or are those all houses still? I'm thinking Icenhauers and the future El Naranjo, in particular. But those might be a bit further south. Thank god it looks like the ihop will be bulldozed.

I'm so glad Rainey is being developed, but man is it a mess. Hopefully all of the parking entrances can be on East Ave.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the IHOP is the building north of the red box. It is located on Cesar Chavez and East Avenue. Icenhauers and El Naranjo and other bars are all located outside the red box also. As you can see,they are going to be building around Luster Pearl, which should be interesting.

I hope that this building can spur the development of sidewalks and other improvements that we on Rainey street have been pushing for years. Also, I completely agree with you in hoping that the major parking entrance is on East Avenue. The city really needs stop delaying and develop a real comprehensive plan for dealing with growth and traffic in this area. As of now, there is no way the Rainey area can handle the traffic this project and Skyhouse will generate. It barely works now...

What I really hope for is that the city considers moving part of its urban rail network to directly serve Rainey street. With ~3000 potential residents in this area, it looks to be developing into easily the densest residential area downtown.