View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 10:28 PM

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed them and I was glad to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO View Post
The conference center is pretty awesome, did you get inside? Doesnt it seat 20,000+
Yes, we went inside both on the main level and the balcony. Our tour guide said it seats 21,000 people. Even then she said if all 13 million members of the Church tried to attend a conference at the same time, there would be 620 people in every seat. I thought that was some interesting trivia.

I had wanted to tour the Conference Center and rooftop terrace when I was there in August of 2006, but when we got up to the door where the tours started everyone else was dressed in their Sunday best, while my friend and I were in ratty old cut-offs and tank tops. We decided to do that tour another time when we were were a little better dressed. I'm glad to have finally gotten to see it this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Have your friends take you up American Fork Canyon to Silver Lake Flats, if you get a chance.
I'll have to visit there next time. The one nice thing about my SLC friends is that they take me pretty much where ever I tell them to. Over the past 18 years I have been to the Great Salt Lake, Mount Timpanogos, Liberty Park, Pioneer Park, ridden the Heber Creeper, visited Bridal Veil Falls before the avalanche wiped it out, camped in Little Cottonwood Canyon, etc.

Salt Lake City is one of the few places I don't mind visiting over and over again because I always get to see something new.