View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 7:17 PM

## EDIT: I'm copying this post to the GEN DEV thread b/c it is pretty off topic here##. Let's comment on the Goodman Center there.

^^^
I'm excited for new construction (as always) but I can't help feeling that congress should be a major thoroughfare with skyscrapers on either side, not a delineation between skyscrapers and a Dearborn Park wasteland. In Burnham's plan, this was supposed to be the central street of Chicago land. Imagone how beautiful it would be for tourists to come in via the Kennedy, pass under the Post office, then the BOT building, then be on this long and wide boulevard, surrounded by skyscrapers that dead ends with Michigan, then Buckingham fountain and then the lake. Rant over...

Also, the Goodman Field House building reminds me of a poorly done knock off of Wang Shu's Ningbo Historic Museum.

THe Goodman center via Roosevelt's website:

Wang Shu's Ningbo Historic Museum via Arch Daily:

Maybe its all in my head...

## EDIT: I'm copying this post to the GEN DEV thread b/c it is pretty off topic here##. Let's comment on the Goodman Center there.
“The test of a great building is in the marketplace. The Marketplace recognizes the value of quality architecture and endorses it in the sales price it is able to achieve.” — Jon Pickard, Principal, Pickard Chilton

Last edited by ChiPhi; May 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM.