View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckles View Post
I was surprised to see Portland above places like Chicago, so I'm not sure where these stats are coming from. Portland is super gay friendly, but still. There just aren't the numbers of gay men here I don't think.

Who knows?
PDX is by percentage. Portland has one of the highest populations of Lesbains in the Country as does surprise surprise Milwaukie, WI.

Hell San Francisco beats Chicago by percentage...but by total numbers of actual gay people Chicago of course beats both cities in total numbers of gay and lesbians just because of our shear size.

Not only is this method of counting very weak I would like to also through into the mix that gays on the coast would be much more open to reporting their couplehood than midwesterners....paradoxically midwesterners are probably more into fitting into the "mainstream" image of what a relationship is than are those on the coasts.