View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
I love this picture. It's nearly the perfect crossover between old and new Toronto.

The old-school streetcar, the new CN Tower taking shape. The old Bank of Nova Scotia sign juxtaposed against the new skyscrapers in the background.

This, along with the fascinating set of pictures of Toronto's evolution posted previously give one a sense of how new the city is. A city that didn't even resemble itself from 25 years prior.
Agreed. This is why I find pictures from that era of roughly the mid 60s to the early 80s so fascinating... the amount of change seen in Canadian cities (not always for the better) in those years was transformational and may never be duplicated, at least within our lifetimes. You look at a skyline photo of just about any Canadian city from 1964 (before skyscraper development really started to explode) and compare it to one from 20 years later and it's often hard to believe you're looking at the same place.

Even the skyscraper boom of the last 10-15 years pales in comparison to that era. I love pictures from that transitional era.