View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
Allied Model Trains was on Pico near Westwood Blvd since 1946. In the 90s they built a nifty building in Culver City on Sepulveda at Barman. It was really surprisingly well done and I, for one, appreciated the landscaping. Now it's Samy's Camera where the clocks don't even run on time.

gsv

gsv

Some difficulty or other caused Allied to move across Barman to a smaller, older, but still nice, building:

gsv

The other one:

wiki
well this was my first job,i worked after school from 4 to 6,and all day sat ..13 bucks an hr to play with trains! The first thing they told me when i started was to never accept checks from gary coleman! and guess who came in on my second day,he was into the "n" guarge stuff which are really small trains,but didnt buy anything.This was by far the best job ever,whenever a customer would come in and look at the display trains and wanted to see them run,my job was to put it on the test track and run it back and forth...thats all.The present store was the warehouse and it had about every single train toy from 1930 on.One day i had to grab a lionel set to restock,and it should of been a 10 min job,i ended up staying in the warehouse for an hr! The owner still owns the UP building and leases it out to Samys,the warehouse was purchased by the old time employees,where they run and manage the store.