View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2015, 6:56 PM

S Bonnie Brae

Thanks again. That actually answered a question I've had for a long time. There's a 1922 apartment building now on the site of the Dave's residence, but with the original stables on the alley. I wondered what the backstory was on that.

Left to right, The Athletic Model Guild compound, the Luther Green murder house, the Forget house, the 1922 replacement for the Dave's home and the 1896 Persons' residence:

gsv

1910 Baist Map when the Dave residence was still in place:

historicmapworks

And here's the Dave's stables, which survived the fire (the Forget is on the right):

gsv

The 1921 Baist map of the NW corner of S Bonnie Brae and W 11th St the year before the
Dave residence was finally replaced with apartments, 12 years after the fire:

historicmapworks

Luther Green's handsome, final home with the Forget at right:

gsv

And finally, the not forgotten former site of the Behrendt/Forget home, 1003 S Olive on the SW corner of S Olive and W 10th (Olympic):

gsv

1909 Los Angeles Birdseye Map showing the intersection of S Olive and W 10th (Olympic)
when the homes were still in place:

historicmapworks

1003 S Olive, now at 1047 S Bonnie Brae:

gsv

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
Richard Green appears to have owned property along Bonnie Brae Street, living at #811; he had five sons, including William J, Burton E--famous developer of Beverly Hills--Alfred, Calvin and Luther. Richard was living at 811 S Bonnie Brae in the '90s and would be living there until his death at 97 in 1934; Calvin would die at 811 in 1950. Luther married Edith Neustadt, daughter of Effie Neustadt (who lived in the early '00s at 823 S Bonnie Brae)
I wish like anything I could have seen the 800 block of S Bonnie Brae intact. If the 1894 Wright-Mooers house at 818 and No. 824 (1893) are anything to go by, it must have been spectacular:

gsv 2007

Last edited by tovangar2; May 4, 2015 at 8:12 PM. Reason: add links, pix, quote & maps