View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2011, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
I can't explain why it looks like it's not even running on tracks, but if it was headed east towards downtown on the north side of Venice, my guess is maybe because of track maintenance on a stretch of what would normally be the eastbound tracks? Even today, on the Metro Gold Line, sometimes they do track maintenance where both northbound and southbound trains use one track; it's a hassle when that happens, it usually adds a delay, it also confuses some first-time users, because they'll board the wrong side of the platform, or they'll be directed to the other side of the platform and be confused about which way the trains are running. But of course the Gold Line is in its own right of way, for the most part.

However, on a PE car line where they rails share street traffic, I don't know that a train would be allowed to go against traffic....

If you look carefully you will see three sets of trolley tracks. The track that the birney car is on is the local line track. The two tracks in front are for the main lines going to and from Los Angeles and Venice Beach.