View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 5:28 AM
BANNED

Welcome....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwy_central_bldg View Post
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to this forum, and I'm currently getting acquainted by poring over this thread from top to bottom. It's engrossing and consistently amazing.
Finally, a Dick Whittington view of the bustling intersection of 5th and Broadway from 1939, with the Judson C. Rives Building in the top center:

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/re...ll170/id/20477

Anyway, just wanted to share these photos and say hello. Hope you enjoy them! And thanks again for the terrific thread.

Hello broadwy_central_bldg. Most interesting that you actually live in the Central Core of downtown Los Angeles.

The building at the far right in your posted photo is the Chester Williams Building. I know it well as my father had his law office in that building for 30 years.

Maybe if you have the inclination we'd like to see a post from you about what its like to live in your building and the area. How are the markets, parking, restaurants and other factors of a life downtown.

Welcome to this thread. Its amazing to me how much people on this thread know about Los Angeles. Its encyclopedic and then some.