View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2013, 6:03 AM

what a wonderful and beautiful, and very much informative thread. i almost pst over it, but i saw something that lead me to mark it and begin a review. wonderful. i love those houses in sweden. i don't know if those are underground or if soil has just been pushed up to building materials and rooftops placed on them. seems like these are a bit like the cottages you might see in some parts of england, wales, and some of the scottish countryside. i has been a while since i have been on a whirl world wide tour, lol. i usually get stuck in pretty much the same places...england, scotland, france, austria, and germany. my problem is staying so long in various places that i really like, and my time runs out, but i learn a great deal.

i is a bit odd, i know that just because i am american, i tend to think that really all europe has to offer is food recipes and history; however, architecture is quite formidable. i have always been impressed w/ shanghai. although some of the monster skyscrapers are very impressive re: color, ht, and form, yet i don't know how functional they are or would be in cities such as london, hong kong, new york, etc. montreal, toronto. i'll have to say, the samller buildings are really a bit on the ugly side.

the colors in these photographs---i am an amateur artist, painting in oil medium. the colors are absolutely breathe-taking.