View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2019, 2:25 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
I was speaking to MLS as a whole. I don't doubt that the Fire's current demo is hard majority Latino given where the stadium is. The idea is they need to cater to more than just that demo like other MLS teams have successfully done. See Atlanta United or Seattle Sounders, who pull 40k+ average attendance in NFL stadiums.
Yeah, I think businesses located downtown with a young workforce will likely sponsor company outings to games and give out reward tickets. I can't imagine that happened much, if at all, with the suburban location, but I've worked at plenty of places that do Sox or Cubs games, and some companies would do well adding or substituting a Fire game - much easier to do and sell to employees with a city stadium. No one wants to go to a work event where they're trapped at the location, which means reliable transit is key.
[/SIZE]