View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 12:09 AM

I can't say i'm an expert on gangs but i know enough to know that Detroit is more of a distribution hub in the opiate game than a center of import activity. Detroit has been known since the days of Capone as a "insiders only town" in the sense that neighborhood clicks tend to be the main players not franchises of major gangs from other major cities that tend to be the ones bringing in large amounts from overseas and have their own networks across the nation.

But at the same time a lot of Detroiter's have roots in the south dating back to the great migration i would venture to guess that these are the some of the same ties that brought a flood of cheep pills into the metro area just the pipeline is now flowing in reverse because the nature of the game has switched from being mainly pill orientated to heroin. Not that it matters to those affected by addiction or related crime but if a difference can be pointed out its that you could possibly liken the activity to two small businesses interacting as opposed to Walmart coming into town.

It's not like one is better than the other but from i seem to understand about the nature of the drug game in Detroit generally with the exception of club drugs from Canada the source of the problem in KY & WV isn't Detroit or Chicago. But at least from the way i see it with the links in these cities to cartels and gangs that run things along the southern border who then can move what they want all across the Great Lakes & Midwest.

It seems like these connections do run deep though Dixie Highway here in Detroit got its name from the moonshiners bringing there wares up this road into the city, not that Detroit didn't also bring in a ton of booze from Canada. I think this analogy is a decent one to use because we can look back then and see events in full complicated and multifaceted just as they are today.