View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 8:49 AM

Quote:
That's true. Not everyone has to agree to be 100 % in awe of the building. We don't stop people from stating how nice it looks, there is no need to stop the opposite. Personally, I'm never offended if someone differs from my opinion.
My perspective on this controversy is not stopping people from voicing their opinion, it's "how are these constant complaints going to effect change, if at all?"

If people are so pissed about how this antenna turned out, they can gather enough people or create a petition to actually bring this to Durst or others involved. The thing is, as far as I know no one here has voiced plans to do that. It reminds me of Kony 2012, this huge viral campaign where all 98% of people did was tweet #Kony2012 and then go back to their own lives. It's pathetic. That's how I view it and that's my individual opinion. People on this forum complain about the "corruption, greed, and cheapness" involved in this debacle, but that's all they do, and it has no effect on the situation except adding an atmosphere of negativity to this thread.

I am not a blind supporter of this tower and I don't praise it. Frankly, the design is bland and of course the antenna is even worse. But I know that I'm not going to take time out of my life to make picket signs and march around the developer's offices because I'm just really not that passionate about the issue. Even if I was, I know my efforts would be in vain unless I managed to gather thousands of people. So I limit my worthless complaints which add nothing constructive and in turn, I don't make myself look like a hypocrite.

I just can't wait till 2 and 3 WTC start rising so we have something to distract us from the disappointment at 1 WTC, both here and in the skyline.

Last edited by cadiomals; Nov 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM.