View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 7:42 PM

By chance, today's Julius Shulman post is a similar business to yesterday's. This is Lytton Savings and Loan on Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Canoga Park. It's "Job 4012: Kurt Meyer, Lytton Savings and Loan Association (Los Angeles, Calif.), 1966, 1967". This set is also a mixture of color and black & white pictures. I've omitted some of the exterior shots and some duplicates.

Here are the ends of the building.

I'm not sure how accurate the interior colors are. I've left them as I found them.

This is the area beyond the stairs in the photo above. That red looks very dark to me.

The upper level only occupied the rear of the building, and was open at the front.

Here is that open area.

I'm assuming this is the back of the building.

They sure liked their big pieces of art.

The corner office had a slightly angled desk.

All from Getty Research Institute

The clipping below is from the February 25, 1965 edition of Valley News. The last paragraph mentions the art pieces seen above.
NB. I've rearranged the original layout to be more screen-friendly.

www.newspapers.com

The building is now a branch of Chase. Other than the blue panel housing ATMs on the left, the exterior looks intact. I wish the Googlemobile had made a recent pass on the far side of the street so I could get a better wide view. End views are also tricky due to trees - no doubt part of the "richly-landscaped, park-like plaza".

GSV