View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittle1 View Post
The point of my posts are this, is it better to go under or over?

Hind site has shown me that digging in the ground most always results in an unknown. As you have already attested to, Quote: There's old wooden stave sewers, multiple gas and oil pipelines, water and waste lines. Just about anything there is. Pretty sure when the railway was built, they used some large rock for a base. This is also causing issues with the horizontal drilling. and that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Why would you want to go into the unknown, when there is such a nice clear sky to place an over pass, thus eliminating another set of lights and traffic stoppage. You must be a product of a traffic engineer that believes a four way stop sign is better than one or two people having to wait a few extra seconds while thru traffic clears and then pull out (equal rights of a sort).

The reason why an overpass should be placed at this intersection and railway crossing is this simple. An overpass creates an uninterrupted flow of traffic over an obstacle (ie. railway tracks, Dugald Rd. ). A underpass only goes under one obstacle (railway tracks) and then stops at Dugald Rd. , so what was the point? By crossing both obstacles, you are allowing a free flow of traffic from North to South and are not impeding East to West cross traffic.

The City owns the property at the S/E corner known as the Country Club, as well as the Golf Course. Bishop Grandin will eventually be pulled through to Hwy #1 (Fermor). Plessis Road will be widened from Hwy 1 to Dugald Rd. Marion/Goulet will join into Dugald Rd. Plessis Road north will join into CPT (Chief Peguis Trail) and a new inner beltway will be formed. Four to eight thousand acres sits on the S/E quadrant of Winnipeg awaiting future development with sewer, water and hydro close at hand. The only thing not in place is roadways to get to the property and place of business and industry. Does this complete the picture for you?

The City says that it can not afford to build overpasses at main arteries. What the City does not understand is, if you talk to the man who pays the bills, which is you and me, I say, 'Give me an overpass because I'm tired of waiting in stop 'N go traffic while waiting for someone to turn, tired of spending money on brake pads and extra gas'. Therefore my answer is, the City cannot afford NOT to build overpasses. If Winnipeg and Manitoba wants to attract business and people, it has to get into the 21st Century and build an infrastructure that is second to none in Canada.
Four to Eight Thousand acres in SE Winnipeg? Maybe you're thinking of Springfield...