View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 8:57 PM

Alittle...I don't think anybody on here is disagreeing with you that an overpass is the better option, and that grade separations over at-grade intersections are preferable. I feel the same way, that if we don't invest the money now....we won't reap any possible rewards in the future. We unfortunately have very short sighted civic and provincial governments who can't see past the next election. They need to understand that the further we put these improvements off, the further we will fall behind. It may be easy and cheap to toss up a traffic light now, but 10-20 years from now when the city has grown by 100000+ people, and we all of a sudden need 47 grade separations all at once its simply not going to be possible. It's not only my personal interests and convenience at stake...I want Winnipeg to be well positioned to attract businesses and jobs so that my children won't need to move away to find them. And at the rate we are going, in a province where putting up one interchange is seemingly an insurmountable task, in a city where we simply extend roads instead of improving the current road infrastructure first...I truly worry that may end up being the case.