View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2013, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
No one said they didn't know about it, it is just a major headache to relocate.....lots of regulations, rules and restrictions. I don't know the details on it but was told it was a trouble spot.

The planners looked at doing and overpass but the cost was astronomical. The underpass was significantly less expensive if you can believe that).
From what I've heard is that the overpass included a parclo for Dugald when it was looked at. I don't know if one was ever looked at in detail to have an at grade intersection. I think with the overpass it would require a large raising of the Dugald intersection. I've heard it was a 10' raising or a 10' lowering of that intersection, as mentioned before. The designers made it work fairly nicely without the significant lowering for the underpass.

In regards to the utilities. There's old wooden stave sewers, multiple gas and oil pipelines, water and waste lines. Just about anything there is. Pretty sure when the railway was built, they used some large rock for a base. This is also causing issues with the horizontal drilling.

The kicker is Russ Wyatt slamming it down on city hall.