View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 3:55 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon504 View Post
It seems weird driving to Florida and going through Mobile---obviously Mobile is a larger city, but, metro Pensacola is significantly larger than Metro Mobile population wise. I was reading the almanac today and came across some interesting stats. I think Mobile is a lovely place, but, I was shocked to see the population stats Says in 2007 Pensacola Metro had 453,451 and Mobile had 404,406. And get this...Tallahassee had 352,319. I thought Tallahassee was larger than Pensacola! I guess things don't always seem as they are when you are driving through on an interstate. Interesting stuff....not significant stuff, but, interesting.
Really, stop trying to pick fights Sean, it is ridiculous. Pensacola metro is not that big. I mean, Escambia County Florida is made up of very, very small communities and the city of Pensacola is more like a large town. Anyone living in the South Alabama area knows that, and parts of Baldwin are included in Mobile's metro population. If all of Baldwin and Mobile were included, the total would be around 600,000.