View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
say what? this is how the work is done by contractors, its not a matter of opinion. I do find it interesting that people who know absolutely nothing about construction are confident in their ability to identify improperly done work. Do you really think that these firms are intentionally doing the work in the wrong sequence? And you honestly believe the key to doing it "correctly" is to consult with people have no clue about such matters? I am telling for a fact that there is a digital system that exists where the various utility companies and government agencies coordinate projects to find out about conflicts, upcoming projects etc. The idea that this stuff is all randomly done is just not factual and sometimes repave jobs are postponed until a planned large scale utility replacement is completed. Have you ever talked to anyone who has ever managed or completed any type of project of this type? You may want to before calling information hot nonsense.
The ADA ramps on my street were completed roughly 8 years ago. My street was last repaved within the last five years. They did not have to redo the curb ramps after they repaved the street. It is entirely possible to do the ramps and then repave the street days later, months later, years later, even decades later.

You don't need to talk to someone who managed a project of this type to get this type of information. You just kind of have to exist in the world without your head up your ass and you can easily acquire this type of information.

Like honestly, what in the hell are you talking about? Streets have to be repaved before they redo a curb ramp? This would imply you have to redo every curb ramp whenever you repave a street. This is clearly not true. If you want to defend the city on this, you should at least come up with some more believable nonsense.