View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2007, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
I agree... But, there's another thing we're forgetting here. This whole "second downtown" concept pertains to the entire Gateway/N. Burnet planning area; in which The Domain project makes up slightly less than 10% of the total area. It seems to me that some forumers are viewing The Domain as Austin's "second downtown." Which is not the case.

Furthermore, the initial rezoning of The Domain’s phase II has yet to be finalized; let alone the remaining 2,000 acres in the planning area. At the outset, The Domain is going to be limiting the height of its buildings to 308’. However, in the years to come, a taller building could come along in either The Domain or in another section of the planning area.
Your are right Goldenboot plus I don't like the term 2nd downtown. I don't think it makes much sense to call a place a 2nd downtown a city should only have one downtown, call it uptown or mid-town. The soon-to-be vacant Concordia area what about that. Screw the domain concentrate the growth in the the public area not private companies.