View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 10:05 PM
BANNED

Sleep tight.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
I have a confession. When I started reading this thread it made me quite depressed to see all the beautiful buildings that have been razed over the years. However, I've been heartened to see that many, some fairly well hidden, have survived. Here's a few motels that fit that category. They are all from postcards found on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. I've searched the thread for previous mentions, and hope that none are reposts.

We've seen the Park Plaza Hotel near MacArthur Park several times before, but I don't remember the Park Plaza Lodge at 6001 W Third Street.

Ebay (color-corrected)
I checked the YELP dot com reviews of this motel. Its gets mixed reviews. This place is very basic...weak wifi. One review mentioned that they smelled pot. What a shock that was....not! One thing I do notice is that many older motels are tearing out all of the carpeting and replacing it with hard flooring of some type. People get squeamish about walking barefoot on twenty-five year old carpet that a few thousand other people have walked on. When I stay at a motel I try to bring a sleeping bag or my own sheets.
I have a cleaning service at my home and I will not allow them to bring their company vacuum into my house. Who knows how many strange floors those vacuums have been on.