Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 7:25 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Welcome to the thread HossC!
Thanks for the welcome, E_R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys View Post
Indeed, much of the Duke's filming was done in Santa Clarita. My ex-in-laws lived in a house (no longer there) at the mouth of the canyon that was the entrance to the filming site in those years. It always humored me that a dry, oak tree landscape was the backdrop for the Southeastern US.
Which canyon was that, Andys? I may have a screengrab of their old house. You can see the my Dukes of Hazzard filming locations thread on HazzardNet.com: it's at http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/sho...Hazzard-Square. It started out mainly being centered on the Warner Bros. backlot, but quickly grew to anywhere that appeared on-screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys View Post
I forgot to comment on CHip's. Many of the freewy scenes were filmed on an un-opened section of the 210 freeway in Sylmar that was still under construction at the time.
The same intersections on the 210 appear very frequently in the early seasons. In the later seasons they made extensive use of Shoreline Drive in Long Beach. Having said that, they were just as likely to be Malibu, Santa Monica, Culver City or the San Fernando Valley. A couple of the locations have given me ideas for future posts.