View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcork View Post
Pacific Electric Station in Pasadena

USC

I wish I could get a full size copy of that image
While the PE station is certainly something to look at, to me the real star of this photo is Hotel Green and its two buildings. The original building to the east side of Raymond Ave has been gone for a long time, while the newer west side building is still in use as rental units, and some of its public rooms still cater to wedding receptions and the like.

Since I am one of those who is rather inept when it comes to figuring out computer applications – meaning that all my efforts to attempt to load and use the right type of sites has only resulted in getting a bunch of unwanted junk on my computer that will cost me an arm and leg to have them removed – I am unable to point out the one little surprise about the old east building. There is a small portion that is still there and is part of the old brick barn that replaced the east building. If someone will check Google or Bing street scenes at the south-east corner of Raymond and Green Street you will see the ground floor remains of a small portion of the old hotel building. Then find a photo of the building (and they are out there) and see the small piece of Pasadena history preserved. I worked within about a half mile of this place for over 12 years and was always kind of curious about the odd difference in the appearance, but that was before home computers and the net. So it’s a recent discovery (at least by me).

The old pedestrian bridge crossing Raymond still extends up to the west side of the street.

Last edited by belmont bob; Mar 13, 2013 at 4:59 AM. Reason: it's my other right stupid