View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
As a Walton alum (class of 2005), I can tell you it is an outstanding school academically, and is highly desired by families moving into East Cobb County. The best part is that my parents' neighborhood where I grew up is less than 1/2 mile from Walton and has very (relatively) affordable homes (250-300K), which is a plus.

Enough cheese from here...
I think my niece is Walton class of 2006!

Just for comparisons. SAT scores on the verbal and math. Walton was 10th for the entire state for public schools, not bad, but the private intown schools way out perform. Of course in my opinion, you can most accurately predict a child's performance in school by testing the PARENTS, not the school.

Walton 1142
Lasiter 1104
Milton 1099
Pope 1098

Westminister 1380

My friend from Alpharetta, who is Iranian, took his daughter to many universities around the country. Even though she is "Iranian-American," she didnt want to go to Stanford or Berkeley because there were "too many oriental Asians and the white people at Stanford and Berkeley look funny." In my opionion, that is what happens when you bring up a child in such culturally segregated areas/schools as East Cobb and North Fulton. These suburbanite kids honestly simply are not aware of the real world in the city and state, much less of the world as a whole.

If money is not an issue, I would send a child to the Atlanta International School, luckily my child has the IQ of a dog. I just have to spend lots on his fluffy white hairdo and it makes him happy just to run in the grass of Piedmont Park!
American since 1-20-2009"

Last edited by AtlMidtowner; Jul 2, 2008 at 2:53 PM.