View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 7:26 PM

If one wanted perfect detail in these scenes you'd have to alter or remove all these trees, too.

Screencaps: (LINK)

They did remove the structures now behind the Cinerama Dome:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiH View Post
I remember when those [shoebox] streetlights were installed. Thank god they are gone!
I agree! I never liked them. I thought they were cheesy-looking. When I was young I thought maybe they had been installed in the 1970s, but then I was kind of surprised to learn that they might've been installed in the early 1960s? Years ago I saw a film of the 1964 Hollywood premiere of Mary Poppins which took place at the Chinese Theatre, and I saw that already in 1964, Hollywood Boulevard had those shoebox streetlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiH View Post
That Rexall [Hollywood & Cherokee] was once a Sontag drugstore and later a Love's restaurant. That address had many incarnations, but my best memory is sitting at the soda fountain at Rexall and ordering a ten cent Coke in a paper cone with crushed ice in a black plastic hour glass style holder. There were drugstore lunch counters all over Hollywood Boulevard back in the day, as well as ones at Woolworth's and Newberry's.
I remember eating at the Love's restaurant there many times. The last time I recall was in mid-December; on my day off I went to Hollywood Blvd. and I did some Christmas shopping, saw two movies and ate at Love's. One movie you all will know, one you probably won't. I first saw Blaze (don't recall what theatre, but I want to say the Cinerama Dome) and later saw Christmas Vacation at the Chinese. Which means this was 1989 and Christmas Vacation will have its 30th anniversary this year!

I also remember eating at those lunch counters at Newberry's and Woolworth's.

Last edited by Martin Pal; Aug 3, 2019 at 7:41 PM.