View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlutz View Post
A year ago, my knowledge of L.A. history and architecture was very limited. I love taking my 6th graders on the Metrolink from Orange (city in the county of same name), to LAUS for annual walking tours of downtown L.A. We walk from Union Station, Olvera Street, through the civic center, up Temple to Grand, throught the Music Center, Wells Fargo, Westin Bonaventure, Central Library, and catch Red Line at 7th St. back to LAUS and Metrolink home. (whew, whirlwind description of my tour.) But I seldom get to go back and visit other areas or know what I'm looking at until I started following this forum. How did I find you? After my last trip with the class in Feb 2012, one of the viewers of my photo show commented that his dad used to work at the Hall of Records. I did a Google search and wound up viewing a photo of the old Hall of Records on your forum. My good fortune began then! Thanks to all of YOU, over most of the last year I have been studying and learning so much about the history of L.A. via this forum and have gone back as many times as I could to go outside my box, take pictures, look for some still standing buildings, and post some of my photos here. The first time I'm posting some pictures here was back in April. (post #7286).
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm still reading all the pages and haven't caught up to the present yet but what a ride! I save many photos to my hard drive so I can look at them off line. I love the "then and now" photos that some many of you do! I have a lot more to say but I have to stop for now. Merry Christmas and Joy to the World to all of you. I come here every day and enjoy the community almost as much as my FB friends. Thanks ER for founding this and keeping it going!
Alan in Orange.
Hi Alan,

I had planned to thank you in a personal message for this extremely kind post, but I had to leave town unexpectedly
and it slipped my mind. It wasn't a slight, especially since your post touched me very much.

Happy Holidays-Bruce
__

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM.