View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I appreciate all the follow ups to the bus depot mystery location. (3rd & Boylston per HossC)

While searching for additional bus related photographs I happened upon this amazing bus roll.

worthpoint

This would be perfect to hang in a loft. (of course if you have a bus. . .it would be perfect for the bus) ........Oh, bother. I'm screwy.

Here's the info:

"Original Vintage Los Angeles/Hollywood 1950's front roll transit bus scroll sign. This sign is a silk/screened cotton fiber/paper fabric original, found in my father's saved LA memorabilia. It is huge 12 1/2 feet X 4 1/4 feet. Yes feet not inches!!!As you can see the condition is fair-good. as the sewn on bottom section can be removed as it appears to be an add on, and the paint is flaking. It has a few slits in the main section, but cannot see when it is hanging, condition not bad for being rolled for 60 years."

I want it.

That might actually be a roll sign from a Pacific Electric car, specifically the "Hollywood" Car. All of those destinations appears to be ones served by PE cars at one point in time. Compare with this image of 717, which is perserved at the Southern California Railway Museum, but still has the original signs