View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:52 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I never thought of the Streets at Southglenn as being accessible. For the DougCo and Centennial crowds, sure, but not for the fastest growing suburban areas towards the east and the north.
East is E-470, which is very accessible. Fastest growing is still south/southeast too.

Weld County is an issue, true. Although most of the money building those sprawl-burbs still lives down south. Many people will take E-470 clear around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I still want to see what happens to the fast-growth areas when a 5-plus year drought rips through the state. The potential for human misery and economic disaster brought on by poor planning, land-use, and ignoring the consequences of junior water rights will be fascinating to watch.
They'll be fine. I am not worried about water at all. I think "water conservation" is just masking anti-growth sentiment - there's no real basis for it. 90% of our water use is still for ag. And ag will always sell to urban interests. Delivery may be an issue, but we'll build our way out of that.