View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
Our family of 5 are taking a trip to NYC this summer...looking at tix last month, for 5 passengers it is cheaper to fly from Phx considering one vehicle to drive. If it was just one or 2 of us...considering the gas and mileage, it would be about the same to fly out of Tucson. But the higher costs round trip to/from Tucson adds up with 5...totaling to over $200 more.
The article states flights with a layover are cheaper, but that isn't what I found just searching Google flights.

Anyway while I was there I priced PHX and TUS and there were a number of days this month that TUS to JFK was as cheap or cheaper than PHX ($150 each way). When you go 4 or 5 months out though, PHX holds steady while TUS really jumps up.

BTW, check the price of flying from TUS and connecting in PHX vs just flying from PHX. Sometimes it's only another $10 or so... other times it just about doubles the price of the trip. I don't understand why catching that connection to TUS varies so widely, but it can be ludicrously inexpensive.