View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
No, it really does. Many of those commuters would be forced to take a two or three seat ride to their final destination if the terminal is located in jersey. Now, a good portion walk and have a choice of multiple subway lines in the vicinity right after getting off the bus. I agree with the Beurocraps, this option should be off the table as it would lead to more unfavorable issues such as subway congestion in stations around there. Most will be transferring lines, so it would b a 3 seat ride.

I favor moving it to 9th and redeveloping the land near Times Square into amazing entertainment functions and towers.
I respectfully disagree -- getting buses off the Linton and Holland Tunnel could would work wonders. It will add a transfer for those accustoms to walking to their destination from the Port Authority but it may mean a faster commute as the current situation is severely bottlenecked. Therefore, it's an appropriate trade off as it makes much more sense to use rail to get people into Manhattan than bus.