View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 4:46 PM

To gsjansen;

Thank you very much for sharing your latest pics: what a fantastic pictures!

-The aerial view of the Statler Hotel in 1953: no Harbor Freeway, yet to be built...And the beautifull Richfield Tower is still there! And watching at the pic, it seems to me an unrecognizable part of Downtown.

-Undated image of Bunker Hill (circa 1964) Man, let me say this in correct english: f*****g great!!! For the very first time, we can see a color picture of the area after the CRA bulldozers. It's amazing, the retaining wall around the hill (was it next Hope St????) and the remaining residences on Grand... Could it be Bunker Hill Avenue?
Also 3rd st tunnel and 4th st viaduct are cleary seen. Like I said, the pic is awesome and its main title could have been something like... 'On any given moment, anything can happen here', meaning all the vacant lots around.

Finally, these folks barely allow us to see what it could be a total color panorama of Bunker Hill about to be vanished. The last pic, the one you named 'Planning for a better tomorow' it's overwhelming... was it really a better tomorow?

And to come to and end: thanks again for your pics. Terrific work!

Last edited by Sebisebster; Mar 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM.