View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I have a more optimistic view of our current council and Mayor. Remember, our city council (prior and current) moved forward on the VERY controversial Remai Modern Art Gallery as they had the vision to see how this could benefit our community for years to come. I am hoping there is at least a similar level of support for an entertainment/sport venue that can benefit our city for years to come!

And "wow" on Urban stepping up already and saying he would contribute up to 10% of cost of a new downtown arena!! Offers like this don't come often or stay on the table forever, so I DO hope the city starts the ball rolling on a concrete plan to move this forward!
i think those online polls only show the people who are really against any new idea. They are the first to jump on social media, the first to phone the city and complain, the first to do whatever it takes for something to not happen, and voice out their negative reasoning, as i said earlier, those are people who think of themselves. My father was even rambling off about traffic, but he doesnt understand the economics behind this new proposal and how it benefits us, let alone he doesnt understand how the city builds and the plans behind it, along with my father are thousands of other people who are saying the same stuff with little to no knowledge of anything in this city. People should understand that the planners and developers behind this are taking traffic into consideration...like come on society lol....