Thread: Regina Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2016, 2:56 AM

Good timing on this thread, I was just coming back to enquire!

Anyone heard anything about Second Cup losing their spot in the Cornwall Centre? In the surface, it sucks, but it's interesting for a couple of reasons...the owners of the north location seem to be looking for another location downtown so hopefully hey find something soon. It will be interesting to see where they end up. Aside from that, there was apparently a bidding was over the location and it sounds like Tim Horton's won. While I have little use for Tim's coffee, the interesting part is that it frees up their current location above the old Smitty's location. I have no idea if they were kicked out of that spot or were simply more interested in the Second Cup location (higher traffic, more visible) but between Smitty's, Tim's, and the Havik building that the mall purchased it frees up a big chunk of space. When the mall bought that building there were rumours of H&M moving in there but I have no idea where that started and I haven't heard anything since. I did find it interesting that the mall never did anything with those spaces despite the fact that they kicked Smitty's out before their lease was up.