View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2012, 1:09 AM

I always speculated that the whole adding more levels to Atlantic Place would come up in the future. I mean, The building was meant to support 20 stories, there is going to be someone who will want to take advantage of that, and rightfully so!

I know it hasn't officially come up yet, like proposal-wise, but if there is any truth to what "A325" said, we may see this arise in the not-too-distant future. I just pray if any developer is planning something, they wait until the next municipal election is over and we may have finally rid ourselves of shannie!

It all depends on the design. People do not like the way Atlantic Place looks. People have resented it since the day it was built. If someone can come along and offer to make the eyesore of St. John's attractive with the catch that they add more floors, There is a chance they may gain some public support and in turn, the support of council.

It's a long shot, but if a developer plays their cards right, and with a little bit of luck, there is a small possibility of something like this getting approved.