View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2006, 12:50 AM

gord henderson is a blow-hard and a terrible writer, to boot. i mean, come on... couldn't he get someone a little less biased than the former Market Square manager to interview for the article?

and why does he feel the need to waste ink railing against something as unobjectionable as a simple downtown farmers market? what's his gripe? that's it going to be held in the armoury? big deal. and what would the difference be if they decided to hold it in Charles Clark Square? how would that change his objections?

all i know is that we have a very successful weekend farmers market down here in san diego, and the people of windsor would be lucky to have something comparable. and contrary to the article, it really is just a bunch of people throwing their produce down on some portable tables and waiting for customers.

as for his complaint that it would be competing with the market square... from what i can remember the 'market square' up on walker road isn't really a farmers market at all. its more of a "st. lawrence market" or "granville market" type of venue that sells all types of foods, year round. hardly the same thing as what's being proposed here.