View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2010, 2:36 PM

Excellent points all Tony, but of course we're just uneducated liars. I mean, what would hundred's of thousands of people at the southern portion of the metro have to do with commute times at the metro's central portion...right? Maybe this is just a dream I'm having, and I actually don't live at the heart of all of this transportation construction between the two valleys. Or better yet, I made it all up. I actually live in L.A. full time, and just enjoy the fantasy of living near all of that incredible skiing along the Wasatch, LOL! Of course, forget that billions in transportation dollars are now being spent (not just talked about) between the central and southern metro areas, in order to accomodate the commute exchange between the two cores. It will continue to take a considerable effort to accomodate the commute times of the central and southern daily exchange of one of the nation's five fastest growing areas. The Southern metro alone will soon be over one million people. I guess we'll just have to wait until the 2010 Census comes out, and see if Utah Valley is actually included as an official part of the greater CSA. Hey, maybe the pasty bureaucrats will take even longer to wake up to reality?? They can continue to pretend for whatever reason, the two areas are not connected as one. Until then, if we can't find it on our monitors, it must not exist.
Thank goodness, the powers that be are doing a comparitively excellent job of keeping pace with the booming population. Not only with the ongoing expansion of the highway system, but especially the major efforts in actually building mass transit at such an accelerated pace, and not just giving it lip service.

Wasatch Front Metro - Muti-Billion dollar, 3-year transportation project moves into high gear.

UDOT wants public informed about Utah construction projects in works

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-projects.html

...I-15 Core is one of about 25 major construction projects the Utah Department of Transportation discussed with the media at a news conference Monday afternoon. UDOT wants the public to "Know Where, Know Why," as the slogan goes for the 2010 construction information campaign...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Provo-Orem area projected to have largest growth nationwide

Heidi Toth - Daily Herald | Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:45 am

PROVO
-- People may complain about Utah's large families, but if CNN Money is right, that birth rate is going to be the biggest factor in getting Utah a fourth seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.

CNN Money on Tuesday predicted that the Provo-Orem metropolis would grow by 47 percent from the last census 10 years ago, which is more growth than any other city in the nation. One big reason for the growth: for every death, more than six babies are born.

There's more to the story than that, said Mayor John Curtis; Provo consistently has high rankings for quality of life, health, recreational opportunities, safety and well-being. New people are moving here; people are having large families, and both new and old people are staying, which is how the city's population jumped.

Full: http://heraldextra.com/news/local/ce...b44ec08e3.html

Last edited by delts145; Apr 13, 2010 at 6:55 PM.