View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 6:48 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuman View Post
Reinsdorf and Wirtz are joined at the hip because of their co-ownership of the United Center. I would find it highly unlikely that Wirtz would allow the Hawks to swear allegiance to Marquee and jeopardize his long term partnership with Jerry Reinsdorf. I also believe the Hawks are already locked in with NBC Sports Net for the foreseeable future.

The Cubs will be looking for many different products to fill airtime on the new network. I would think they will probably be more aggressive in tempting the Bears in house to produce all their pre and post game shows and weekly NFL analysis breakdowns. Since the Bears can't actually own a RSN, it makes sense for the Cubs to persue that relationship.

The Detroit angle you mention, that's more a rumor stemming from Sinclair buying up all of these Fox Sports RSN's around the Country. They may set them selves up so all these regional markets share programming. But they need to figure out a way around MLB's blackout rules first.
Any idea how Minor League Baseball or the Arizona Fall League fits into this station? Do the Cubs own those rights or do the individual Minor League affiliates?