View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerjacket View Post
I don't think people were upset about the Braves going to Smyrna, but rather that a) the Braves are getting $300-400M in public financing to leave a perfectly fine ballpark they got for near free, b) they used the lack of MARTA access as one of the excuses for leaving and then move to a place even more bereft of transit options, and c) they stonewalled ATL efforts regarding redevelopment of the area around Turner Field and are only all over this new site because they'll reap all the revenue.

In other words they're being hypocrites and Cobb County taxpayers are being snookered. That's what we're miffed about.
This. And thank you.

I am still furious at the way this whole deal played out. The new Denver-based owners suck, in my opinion. They also lied through their teeth about everything related to the move. I will still support the Braves as our team, but I have absolutely no intention of schlepping out there in that beyond hideous traffic to ever see a game. As someone from the NE side of ITP that used to gladly take MARTA, I'm just not willing to endure that horrible traffic.