View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2014, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelJ View Post
I have warmed some to the idea of the Braves playing in Smyrna - mainly because I really don't believe that most the ragtag crowd that hangs around Turner Field will follow and the atmosphere will actually be fun out there. But it isn't just people in Midtown that it will affect...many people come from the Southside of Metro Atlanta and will now have one hell of a drive to get up that way. The central location seemed to be a nice compromise. Well, minus the undesirables.
Depends on what section of Midtown. Honestly, during rush hour the traffic going north on I-75 isn't bad until you get past the perimeter, just as traffic going south on 75/85 is bad to sometimes a nightmare. Being right off of 10th street, I know on a first hand basis that during the Braves scheduled games, its actually easier to go north as far as traffic is concerned.
With that being said, it will be harder(traffic woes) for those coming from the south metro, but at the same time, it will be easier for those coming from the like of Marietta, Buckhead, etc.