View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2014, 12:29 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

I'm currently working on expanding the pic west, so I can include the 1 Yonge complex. And I don't mind the constructive criticism, but there are a few things to take into consideration. Because of the angle the pic was taken from, the base of each tower starts higher up the farther away from the lake you get. Of course with increasing distance away from the camera's POV all of the buildings get shorter. I estimated the height of the towers I added by comparing them to already built towers nearby with known heights. This isn't always easy to do, since so many of them have their base cut off by closer towers. In many cases I have to make a best guess. I'll work on the shape of Union Centre, but I believe the height is quite accurate. On my render, Ice II is 118 pixels high (for a tower 234 metres tall) and Union Centre is 120 pixels high (for a tower 238 metres tall) but it is slightly farther away from the camera POV. Also, only 1 block away is the Delta Hotel, 82 pixels high. (for a tower 160 metres tall) Either way, it's close, the math works out, whichever way you look at it. Maybe Ice should be slightly taller by a few pixels? The same thing applies to 501 Yonge. The actual building is shorter (not significantly though, it is 174m compared to YC's 198m), but its base is higher up than YC, so from this POV it would appear close to being equal height. I'll lower 501 Yonge slightly in my next render though. I'd like to make any render as accurate as I possibly can.