View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 10:24 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Amazing compilation N90, I was wondering if you or any of the other forumers could enlighten me on the status of the projects I quoted? What's the deal with Regent Square? Other than the Sovereign, it seems like we've seen minimal movement on it. And in that page on HAIF, it indicates a third phase of West Ave around Steel Street...is that still in development?

Also I've never seen that particular rendering of the Bayou Walk, it looks amazing! Almost looks like it could be the Right Bank of the Seine.
The Buffalo Bayou master plan was incepted in 2005 and is a 25 year master plan that's in it's 9th year now. The Buffalo Bayou from Uptown to Downtown to East End is Houston's spinal cord and they're ongoing repurposing it to handle mixed use around it and make the greenbelt a quality recreational and pedestrian friendly commercial environment. Where people can enjoy the outdoors with water activities and parkish settings without technically being in an urban park. Parades, events, outings, etc. They want to make it a successful part of Houston's cityscape like the river walk is in San Antonio, with similar liveliness and commercial activity as the river walk has for San Antonio and it's urban core, when completed. Still a long way to go from that for the Buffalo Bayou but it's come a long way too. When it's all said and done. They've added some nice pedestrian bridges, tolerance sculptures, signs, lighting, made it a slope/range of elevation increasing as you walk away from the banks of the bayou, widened the greenbelt and pedestrian walkway. Places along the Bayou like the Sunset coffee building are renovating and coming together one by one.

It's by far and away Houston's most ambitious and perhaps highest quality urban renewal project. It has many components to it that are being built in phases. When completed it will stitch Houston's urban neighborhoods together.

Here was the last construction update on it
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=6073

After expanding the pedestrian sidewalk and stairs they'll landscape and make greener, plant trees, bushes, flowers, put up more lighting, and signs. Development around it will take it from there (when) it happens.

Regent Square's next phase should be happening any day now. They've been slowly chugging along and building in phases. First phase, the Sovereign is still nearing completion. http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/blo...wo.html?r=full

Regent Square is going to be built long term in several phases. Which makes sense, it's a massive project. We'll hear more updates on timeline for more future phases at some point in a few months.

West Avenue is either done with or almost done with its Phase II. Phase III will be the largest of the three phases, will happen next as phase II's occupancy reaches it's ceiling.

Last edited by N90; Feb 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM.